[ RadSafe ] Mars Radiation Won't Harm Astronauts, Curiosity Rover Finds

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:27:40 CST 2012

Hi David:

Mars does have an iron-nickel core but it has lost it's magnetic field up
to 3-4 billion years ago billion or so years ago, thus no protection from
CME events.

Earth may be luckier in this regard since the early history of the earth
included a massive impact with a planet-sized body, creating the moon and
possibly adding significant iron for the core to keep us warm and
magnetic...

Dan ii