[ RadSafe ] Breast Cancer

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Fri Oct 5 22:42:59 CDT 2012

Dear Radsafe:

     Hey All.

     The US Government and other agencies and companies  have made
considerable progress in
DNA Mapping.  Considerable DNA progress has also been made by one
gentleman and his
company in Southern California --- his name and company were described on
an episode of
60 Minutes (USA TV).  I guess the many DNA on/off switches  can detail the
characteristics of
various body organs, tissues and structures.  Color, chemical  composition,
organ geometry and
dimensions, function(s) and so on, are probably described by DNA.  One
might venture a guess
as to how many parameters are (minimally) needed to describe a given organ,
 tissue, structure.

     I wonder, as I have done before on radsafe, if  cancer parameters are
in included in the DNA
information.  Rate of growth, characteristics of the cancer and so  on.
Perhaps individual
hospitals and/or research organizations should be given some responsibility
 for doing the
continued DNA mapping for any given organ, tissue, structure.

    I don't pretend to understand biochemistry --- I  will leave that to
people educated in that field.
I have some background in physics, health physics, fluid mechanics and
radiation biophysics and
radiation chemistry.

    Someday soon, or perhaps already, some smart graduate  student will
produce a fluid flow input/
output model for the human breast.  Once produced, such a model could  be
tinkered with to
produce a model in which blood vessel breaks, breaks in other circulation
systems and so on
can be produced.

     Breasts have their own life cycle from:  non-existence, to growth, to
adult stage, to older
adult stage and finally, death.  This is a dynamic process.   There is, for
various cancers, the concept of
latency time, which can be quite long-winded.

    I expect that once the breasts are exposed to some  carcinogen,
radiation???, biological agent,
other insult, there is a buildup process of the carcinogen in the  breasts.
 Accumulation of the
carcinogen may take some time, which is probably goes hand-in-hand with the
 phenomenon of
latency time.  Effects of the carcinogen etc. on the breast tissue is
probably somewhat dependent
on the amount/concentration of the carcinogen available.

    Persons with cancer-susceptible breasts may have weak  blood and/or
other fluid circulation
systems.  Maybe this is due to bad genetics, long term environmental
exposure of a group of
persons to carcinogens, reproductive behavior of a limited group of people
(a small village) and
so on.  People living in volcanic areas may be exposed to more  chemicals
than people living
on just farm dirt or whatever.  In California, there are known zones  of
Selenium buildup, just as a
chemical example.

    A previous post by me alludes to a news item on google  about discovery
of 4 distinct types of
breast cancer.  Designer treatment is starting now of biopsy samples  of
Cancer grown in Petri
dishes or whatever.

   More traditional means of treatment include radical surgery,
lumpectomies, gamma knife
treatment, other radiation treatment, chemotherapy and so on.  I'm  hearing
than chemotherapy
is now an easier process.  Quite a while ago now, one of my health  physics
colleagues remarked that
she would rather die than go through chemotherapy again.  I wish her  well.

    I hear lately that Pancreatic Cancer is being treated  with much
greater success nowadays.
I also see advertisements in the newspaper about proton machines (i.e.
accelerators) being used
to treat prostate cancer.

    Well, this is getting long.  I wish great success  to anyone doing
cancer research as their
real job.

    I guess, if Cancer and Heart Disease are truly being  conquered then
people will live longer
lives and possibly die of natural causes, circulation clogging, organ
failure and so on.  Soon,
organs/tissues will be easily grown in Petri dishes and/or other lab
glass-ware.

   Keep moving forward....

   Regards,    Joseph R. (Joe) Preisig, PhD