[ RadSafe ] Spent reactor fuel

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Mon Oct 8 22:41:34 CDT 2012

Lets see ---

Well in the late 60's I had a summer job doing QA for the company that
made the outer Be case and the inner Titanium lining for the SNAP 27
that's currently up on the moon --- at it was kind of large for the 70
watts (electric) it produced.  So that might be a problem.

Also - as I understand it - CERTAINLY some here will correct me if I'm
wrong!! - similar Sr-90 powered RTG's are used on some buoys. Work well
with the water for good heat transfer and shielding.

Maybe when we all use LED lighting - the low output might be enough
----- assuming no refrigeration!