[ RadSafe ] Self-Described Rabble Rouser issues RED ALERT! CALL TO DEMAND SHUT DOWN OF INDIAN POINT NUCLEAR POWER POINT, NOW!

Glenn R. Marshall GRMarshall at philotechnics.com
Tue Oct 30 07:42:10 CDT 2012

As of 9 PM last night (Eastern Time), no nuclear power plants had been shut down due to the storm.  This morning's NRC status report indicates Calvert Cliffs and Hope Creek are running; Oyster Creek and Salem are shut down (Oyster Creek is in outage--not sure about Salem).  The storm surge is north of the eye; therefore I'm pretty sure Oyster Creek would have gone into shut down.  Salem, Hope Creek, and Calvert would all be away from the surge, although still potentially subject to high winds and at least 6 inches of rain.

Glenn