[ RadSafe ] Cancer Cultures

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 10:34:31 CDT 2012

Maury and Radsafe,

     Yes, Maury, this is the same article.

     Hope you are doing quite well...

     Joe Preisig

In a message dated 9/29/2012 3:39:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
maurysis at peoplepc.com writes:

Joe, is  this the one you  referenced?

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012/09/26/bizarre-tumor-ca
se-may-lead-to-custom-cancer-care/57846120/1

Bizarre  tumor case may lead to custom cancer care
by Marilynn Marchione,  AP

It's a medical nightmare: a 24-year-old man endures 350 surgeries  since
childhood to remove growths that keep coming back in his throat and  have
spread to his lungs, threatening his life. Now doctors have found a  way
to help him by way of a scientific coup that holds promise for  millions
of cancer patients.

The bizarre case is the first use in a  patient of a new discovery: how
to keep ordinary and cancerous cells alive  indefinitely in the lab.

The discovery allows doctors to grow "mini  tumors" from each patient's
cancer in a lab dish, then test various drugs  or combinations on them to
see which works best. It takes only a few cells  from a biopsy and less
than two weeks to do, with materials and methods  common in most
hospitals.  ....

visit:  http://health.phys.iit.edu