[ RadSafe ] Pregnancy Discrimination In The Workplace Target Of New EEOC Crackdown

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Sun Sep 30 20:31:48 CDT 2012

Sept. 30

         Yes, I wonder how long we'll have to wait for pregnant women
to begin suing their employers for not properly protecting them from
real and alleged workplace hazards.  This sounds like
someone who wants to have his cake and eat it too.

         I remember such a suit in the 1970's that wound up before
the Supreme Court.  Something about women working in a lead
foundry.  I don't remember the details.

Steven Dapra

At 09:17 PM 9/29/2012, you wrote:
>Dear Radsafe mailing list members,
>
>    Does anyone have an opinions on how the following article, see
> below, and how
>it's subject matter will affect US female workers who are exposed to ionizing
>radiation?  In my humble opinion I think the safest route may well be for
>employers to provide the worker "reasonable accommodation".  Reasonable
>accommodation doesn't mean automatically reassigning the worker, but rather
>after she has self-identified as wanting to declare her pregnancy to
>management,
>working with her to provide her with the information that she needs
>to determine
>what she would like to do, or needs to do for her career and her pregnancy.
>
>Roy Herren
>
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/29/pregnancy-discrimination-eeoc_n_1924603.html

[edit]