[ RadSafe ] Great graphic on radiation exposure

McCarty, Mike (DEQ) MCCARTYM1 at michigan.gov
Wed Apr 10 07:49:45 CDT 2013

Also, be aware that Randall Munro has been writing a blog each Tuesday.  Follow the link from the main site.  Each blog entry seeks to answer a question proposed by a reader.  The one about what would happen to a human swimming in a nuclear power plant spent fuel pool was very well done.

In general, his more serious work is an effort to create a balanced understanding of scientific principles and how they impact life on this planet.  Unfortunately the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday comics include much quirky entertainment that may lead one to develop the subversive habit of original thinking.  This has lead the IT minions here to block the site as 'simply entertainment.'

Mike

Michael J. McCarty
Physicist

Radiological Protection Laboratory
815 Filley Street
Lansing, Michigan 48906

Office of Waste Management and Radiological Protection
Radiological Protection Section

Phone:  517-327-2615,  Fax:  517-327-2623