[ RadSafe ] Subject closed North Korean fuel estimates.

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sun Apr 14 11:24:23 CDT 2013

RADSAFErs,

Interesting, how fast Emil improves his English when being critizised! So he
obviously joked to the RADSAFE list by pretending to be hardly able to write
an acceptable mail in acceptable English.

ad 1) What is the point? Your pretending of being from Eastern Europe as a
joke? I know to many collegues from the socalled former Eastern block
countries, who write and speak excellent English. Did you want to ridicule
them?

ad 2) You might have opened the subject by sending an e-mail to RADSAFE, but
it has been distributed via RADSAFE and there is no doubt, who is the list
owner and who has the right to close a debate and to enforce its closure by
not forwarding any further comment. It is not of importance, whether you are
tired of talking or not, but if you are you could simply stop sending your
comments.

ad 3) Do you try now German? "interesanta" is for a native German speaker on
the same level as your previous pseudo-English. "As we say in German" - are
you now pretending to be a native German speaker? What is "interessant" for
RADSAFE is not defined by you, but the RADSAFE community.

ad 4) Gratulations that you are a very good gamma-spectroscopist! I am not.
I have done it and in my last laboratory we had four HPGe-detectors for
mostly surveillance of food stuff contamination, but they were run by a
collaborator of mine. The reason was mostly that there was practically
nothing new to be done in this technique, except building larger crystals,
better shieldings, better computer-analysis programs. I had in the early
eighties the chance to turn to LSC and the most modern techniques - and this
I did, if not establishing the then unknown art of ultra-low-level LSC
counting, but at least contributing to it. It is amazing that somebody who
sent those funny mails about North Korea has at least some clue about LSC.
Again I have to ask you to be modest - I would never claim, that I am "the
best with LSC", I came recently back from the LSC 2013-conference in
Barcelona. I noticed that since my retirement and my last research projects
at least some positive developments have taken place in LSC again and I am
happy to recognize it and wish the younger generation success and happiness
with their counters!

Well, I should probably also try to get some food, though I unfortunately
have no chicken either in the refrigerator or the freezer. Maybe some fish
would do? Fortunately my doctors do not recommend me to seek advice at a
psychiatric clinic, but at a dermatologist and an orthopedric clinic.

Franz