[ RadSafe ] Neutron Generator regulations

Doug Aitken JAitken at slb.com
Wed Aug 28 09:54:02 CDT 2013

Also, there will be RAM in a D-T neutron generator.....
As a major user of these devices (for downhole petrophysical logging), we are required to register them in our NRC and State licenses, with all the usual inventory, usage and disposal controls.
But a more interesting "twist" is that these are considered "dual-use" items and subject to extreme export controls (probably not an issue in this case.....)
Regards
Doug
Doug Aitken
QHSE Advisor, Schlumberger D&M Operations Support
Cell Phone: 713-562-8585
(alternate e-mail: doug.aitken at slb.com )
Mail:
Schlumberger, Drilling & Measurements HQ,
300 Schlumberger Drive, MD15,
Sugar Land, Texas 77478