[ RadSafe ] Neutron Generator regulations

Doug Aitken JAitken at slb.com
Fri Aug 30 12:15:37 CDT 2013

Compact, portable neutron generators (as used in downhole oilfield applications) are putting out ~3x 10E+8 of 14 Mev neutrons/sec. Unshielded, the (omnidirectional) dose equivalent would be approximately 10mrem/100uSv per hour at 20 ft

Regards
Doug
Doug Aitken
QHSE Advisor, Schlumberger D&M Operations Support
Cell Phone: 713-562-8585
(alternate e-mail: doug.aitken at slb.com )
Mail:
Schlumberger, Drilling & Measurements HQ,
300 Schlumberger Drive, MD15,
Sugar Land, Texas 77478