[ RadSafe ] [RadSafe] Leuren Moret

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 23 13:31:11 CST 2013

How can anyone believe this rubbish? She isn't even engaging or articulate. Background radiation measured with a geiger counter in Berkley 0.07-0.13Bq before Fukushima and 0.32 after, Becquerels??? Oh she explains that's one disintegration per second or 60 CPM because there are 60 seconds in a minute.......
Later she shows a Gamma Scout Alert "the best geiger counter I know of" according to Ms Moret. This supposed radiation expert seems to lack even the most basic knowledge about radiation measurement. The Gamma scout uses the un-compensated LND-712 tube so the dose readings are meaningless. (It's apparently calibrated to +/- 5% for Cs137 but who has a pure Cs137 background). I also note that adding a "clicker" to the Gamma Scout costs $50!

Robert G8RPI.