[ RadSafe ] Neutron Detection Instrument Recommendation

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 14:49:08 CST 2013

Dear Radsafe:

     I like LiI(Eu) detectors for thermal  neutrons.  You can read about
them in Patterson and
Thomas's book Accelerator Health Physics, if you actually find a  copy.
Also interesting is any
book of course notes on Accelerator Health Physics by Cossairt.

    Neutron Remballs, I believe, have BF3 detectors.   The detectors just
can be pulled out of the
spherical moderator.  Don't know who makes the remballs.

    Ludlum has LiI(Eu) detectors for sale, and I expect you  could buy one
or two such detectors without
a full set of Bonner Sphere moderators, which are pretty expensive.

    Good Luck...  Joe Preisig

In a message dated 2/25/2013 2:27:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,