[ RadSafe ] Climate change

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:31:12 CST 2013

Dear James:

Well, us geologists have to take the wider and longer point of view about
these sorts of things... after all, wasn't it only 10,000-15,000 years ago
that we were coming-out of the last major glaciation?  And I read somewhere
that there is evidence of a gamma-ray burst that hit the earth in
early medieval times!  And I'm sure that you, just like me, have seen
evidence of past asteroid strikes - we just call them "astroblemes".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_structure

And after all, a few Krakatoa's and we'll be freezing all over again!

But in all seriousness, our atmosphere seems to be warming, but it has
since around 1800.  How much is caused by CO2 emissions  I don't really
know!

Dan ii

Dan W McCarn, Geologist
108 Sherwood Blvd