[ RadSafe ] Boy Scouts nuclear science merit badge

Neil, David M neildm at id.doe.gov
Thu Jan 10 12:23:37 CST 2013

By chance, my daughter's homeschool program (9th Grade) hit on this general topic during December, while I was on leave.

They had her doing experiments in half-life with M&Ms as binary dice.

Coins would work, but candy is more fun (quieter, smaller and lighter, too)

Dave Neil
DOE-ID Lessons Learned Coordinator

There are those who learn by reading.
Others will learn by observation.
But some just have to whiz on the electric fence themselves