[ RadSafe ] Thyroid Nodules

rdecker2 at ix.netcom.com rdecker2 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 5 09:38:02 CDT 2013

In the early '60 the U.S. Public Health Service conducted studies concerning nodules on the thyroids of children in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah.  They observed a large percentage of children with nodules (I don't remember the percentage).  A part of the study was conducted to determine if nuclear testing at the Nevada Test Site was the cause of these nodules.  As I recall the USPHS also examined regions of the US where fallout from testing were low and found that the nodules observed on childrens thyroids were not statistically different relative to the abovementioned States and other regions that were studied.