[ RadSafe ] Restoration of plastic display covers on meters

M K ka2mce at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 13:17:18 CDT 2013

There are plastic polishes that work ok.
If the scratches are not TOO deep, plain toothpaste, mixed with a bit of
water will work ok.
If the scratches are DEEP, then ultrafine abrasive paper can be used to
remove them, then you will need to polish it to restore the clarity.
With patience, almost any plastic can be made to look good.
If you try to use any motorized tool to polish, it must be run at VERY low
speeds-it you run it too high, the friction will start melting the surface
of the plastic, which will make things worse.
The headlamp kits, if intended for plastic should be ok.