[ RadSafe ] Skyshine measurements

Olsson Mattias :MSO mso at forsmark.vattenfall.se
Wed Mar 6 10:12:37 CST 2013

Sounds like sound reasoning to me. If someone asked me to organize this measurement and comparison I would probably suggest to first do all measurements when the weather is clear, to get the relative impact from the reactor effect on the skyshine dose rate under comparable conditions. "Low clouds" sounds a bit vague to me. After that, one or a few measurements could be repeated at any reactor effect with "low clouds", and if the factor (value low clouds)/(value nice weather) > 1, all values are corrected with this factor to include the possible conservatism due to clouds.

(In this case conservatism is mostly interesting because there are offices that are somewhat affected by skyshine, and there is a maximum allowed dose rate level for office spaces.)

Mattias