[ RadSafe ] Teller and Climate change - and radiophobia

Miller, Mark L mmiller at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 18 16:31:56 CDT 2013

Amen to that!

IMHO

*        REAL radiation risks are probably "100-1000" lower than our conservative standards imply that they are

*        These overly-conservative standards and general radiophobia lead to grossly over-engineered nuclear facilities

*        This over-engineering grossly inflates the cost of nuclear facilities

*        Inflated costs discourage broader use of a marvelous technology

*        Mankind worldwide suffers unnecessarily because too many resources are frittered away over-designing things...disposal facilities that will prevent a few mrem or microSv in 100,00 - 1 million years  ...give me a break!

Etc......