[ RadSafe ] Second James E. Turner Memorial Symposium - Registration

Robert J. Gunter, CHP rjgunter at chpconsultants.com
Mon May 6 10:57:14 CDT 2013

Greetings All,

I am sure many of you have met or at least used Jim Turners book during your
education as a Health Physicist.  I had the pleasure of taking a class at UT
that he taught on Microdosimetry.  One of his favorite topics.  The East
Tennessee Chapter of the HPS is sponsoring the Second James E. Turner
Memorial Symposium of the East Tennessee Chapter, Health Physics Society
(HPS) will be held 22-23 May 2013 at Oak Ridge Associated Universities'
Pollard Auditorium in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.

To honor Dr. Turner's lifelong commitment to education, this endeavor
targets health physics students and young professionals -- but also warmly
welcomes those who only wish we were still young HP students.  It is too
late to submit a paper this year, but we will hold the meeting again next
year and encourage students and young professionals to join us at the
meeting.

HPS President-Elect Darrell Fisher will attend as the dinner speaker.  We
look forward to again celebrating Dr. Turner's legacy of contributions to
our profession and hope you will consider joining us.  Registration is now
open at the following link:

www.hpschapters.org/etchps/2013Turner/registration.html .

Hope to see some of you there.

Yours,