[ RadSafe ] Fw: A judges' criticism of John W Gofman ? Arthur R Tamplin?

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu May 9 14:11:36 CDT 2013

I forward this mail which I found was originally directed to only a small number of people, but might contain a little addtional information for the list.

Best regards,

Franz

RADSAFErs,

Is it just a coincidence that now when spring is arriving the trolls leave their hibernation caves? It must have been the same person who acted a few years ago as a troll on the topic of a (Canadian?) uranium mine and he went so far that I believe to remember that he was banned from RADSAFE. I do not know all the “merits” of  Gofman. Though I have to take not only medication for high blood pressure or high cholesterol levels I never came across “Gofman” in that context. I am not impressed by a statement of a professor emeritus of the history of science at MIT. BTW: I thought the topic was Gofmans unbelievable statements and “scientific” papers about radiation (Sr-90!) and not medication!

Gofman has maligned his own work with his simply wrong statements. You yourself seem not to be very scientific, because you have no arguments, but prefer to downplay and ridicule our scientific knowledge – or rather deny that we have any. I do not think that you have any background to judge our experience or accomplishments – so please refrain from such attempts to downplay and insult the RADSAFE community. I use to say: Somebody like you cannot insult me. I would be ashamed if I had a CV of wrong statements, serving for money as “witness” in such US trials etc.
If you were honest, you would refrain from posting to RADSAFE before you are banned, because you have no scientific knowledge in this field. Repeating anti-nuclear slogans does not make you a radiation protection professional.
Franz