[ RadSafe ] A judges' criticism of John W Gofman ? Arthur R Tamplin?

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Thu May 9 20:30:56 CDT 2013

May 9

         Brief and unsourced descriptions of Gofman's confrontation
with the AEC.  From sympathetic sources.

http://www.committeetobridgethegap.org/memorium.html

http://www.rightlivelihood.org/gofman.html

         University of California's obituary for John Gofman:

http://senate.universityofcalifornia.edu/inmemoriam/johngofman.html

Steven Dapra

At 11:40 AM 5/9/2013, you wrote:
>My memory is not the greatest and I do not want to "tell tales", but I
>do recall that many years ago when Gofman was "in the news" a
>colleague of mine who knew of more detail of Gofman's life and work
>told me in conversation that Gofman "became one of the critics of
>radiation" because he was very angry that his AEC (or XXX???) grant
>was not renewed.
>
>This recollection is now just one of those old memories that stick
>without all the supporting and convincing "facts" and nothing more at
>this time.
>
>However, I mention this recollection in the hope that there may be
>some of our list members who do remember Gofman's life much better
>than I do.  This is "NOT to throw dirt", but in the interest of the
>historic foundation of how radiation got to be so feared by the public.
>Jim

[edit]