[ RadSafe ] Seriously Scary Radioactive Products From The 20thCentury

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sun May 12 12:35:49 CDT 2013

Cary,

Thank you for this post! I am very interested in "ancient" use of
radioactive material in consumer products. I have a small collection of
various devices including an original US Revigator, Fiesta ware, radium
dials etc. and a lot of literature. I hope you are aware that quite a few
persons are interested in this topic and for instance Prof. Henning von
Philipsborn, University of Regensburg (retired), has a great collection. My
collection is small, but nice, with various uranium ores I collected myself
in one of the most beautiful areas of this world - the US South West - and
crystals of radioactive minerals. (Please don't tell the relevant Austrian
radiation protection authorities about it....) There is a lot about this
topic to be found in the internet.

Best regards,

Franz