[ RadSafe ] What's Killing The Nuclear Industry?

David Lee davidleesafe at gmail.com
Wed May 15 16:41:03 CDT 2013

Bill,
A very interesting thing with the trust. Accidents and too many skeletons
in the closets do not help, for sure.

The answer is d) none of the above. Technological progress. 60 years of
the old nuclear steam machines with Carnot cycle are not an answer.
Any one have seen Bill and Belinda Gates with Charlie Rose, I think, it was
on PBS or Bloomberg business news, a couple of days ago?
Quite interesting, Bill was showing a some kind of a new nuclear reactor
concept sketch, it looked sort of a rectangular form with 20 years fuel
cycle (between refuelings). Fuel was burning, beginning from the left side
towards the other. I cut the end of the program so did not really get the
whole idea...The good news, now we know Bill is with us ;-)  I would assume
where Bill goes Warren would follow. Both these gentlemen and lady are in
the business of saving children and healing sick.
So there are HUGE investments, the next we need new Teslas and Edisons.
Defending old tea pots, will not change things for better, it is like
fixing old Festiva, it is always sick but never dies.