[ RadSafe ] Sorry it was 60 minutes. What's Killing The Nuclear Industry?

David Lee davidleesafe at gmail.com
Fri May 17 01:31:31 CDT 2013

Radsafers:

Sorry, it was CBS "60 minutes" from May 12.
.
You can see episode "Bill Gates 2.0" or just read in the below link or
script.

Reactor uses depleted uranium and refueling cycle 60 years instead of 20
years as I mentioned in my previous email.
Steve Jobs part obviously impressive too.
Of course, my apology to Melinda for calling Belinda.

To watch episode: click on "Bill Gates 2.0"

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50146679n

Below is script.

To read script click below:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57584009/bill-gates-2.0/?pageNum=3

Part of the script:

But Gates isn't just reading books for pleasure, he is determined to use
his knowledge to back groundbreaking innovations. Take this high-tech
zapper. It is a laser designed to shoot down malaria-infected mosquitoes in
mid-flight.

And Gates showed us one of his boldest, and he says most important,
ventures -- a new kind of nuclear reactor. It would burn depleted uranium,
making it cleaner, safer and cheaper than today's reactors.

Bill Gates: And your fuel will last for 60 years. So during that entire
time, you don't need to open it up, refuel it. You don't need to buy more
fuel. So there's a certain simplicity that comes with this design.

Charlie Rose: And when could it come on stream?

Bill Gates: Best case would be to have a prototype around 2022.

Bill Gates calls himself an "impatient optimist" - a description his wife
Melinda says was accurate even when they met over 20 years ago.

Charlie Rose: Melinda, what did you like about him?