[ RadSafe ] email compromise

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Fri May 17 21:11:34 CDT 2013

Hi Group:

I've noticed the increased frequency of compromised email accounts of late. Some even "simulate" a real message based on earlier emails but with a false, spam address.

I recommend everyone going to a 2-step verification process that requires for any new device, a code to be entered from your cell phone.

Most common carriers have this feature as an option, and although a bit bothersome at first, provides much greater security on email accounts. The method also works on smart phones, pads, laptops and computers.

Best!

Dan W McCarn
108 Sherwood Blvd
Los Alamos, NM 87544 USA