[ RadSafe ] Spent Fuel, Fuel Rod Bundles, Reprocessing, Robotics, etc.

Yahoo Mail Inc jjc105 at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 14:40:17 CDT 2013

Why not just dissolve the whole thing, fuel pellets and clading in nitric acid ,
or other suitable solvent and proceed from there. I thought fuel reproocessing
was a relatively well established technology in Pu production and, to a small
extent in reprocessing commercial nuclesr fuel. I cannot understand the "need"
for extracting the fuel from the cladding as a first step. Please explain.
Jerry Cohen