[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Cancer and birth defects in Iraq: the nuclear legacy

Chris Alston achris1999 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 08:32:42 CDT 2013

Clayton

Yes, given the their claims of findings, that was the first thing I
wanted to know, too: what were their methods of bioassay, and the
results of same.  They don't even offer air sampling data, or the
results of wipe tests taken in, e.g., peoples' houses.  Perhaps there
is another agenda in force than the scientific, e.g., a humanitarian
effort.  Clearly, the *scientific* community cannot infer effects of
internal radiation exposure, from studies which offer no estimation of
intakes (via inhalation, ingestion, the contamination of wounds) of
radioactive material.  Basically, all the study does is to attempt to
correlate the results of soil sampling for DU with the incidence of
cancer and birth defects.  Findings like those may be useful starting
points for further research, but I think that we know to beware of
inferences of causation, from evidence of correlation.

Cheers
cja