[ RadSafe ] Fukushima children thyroid cysts?

Eric Goldin emgoldin at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 09:58:07 CST 2013

Hey folks,  looking for some actual information here, not opinions.  Last night I was told by someone that he's heard a report about children from the Fukushima area showing up with thyroid cysts, presumably caused by radioiodine from the plant.  Way too early for thyroid cancer (latency) but I'm not familiar with "radiation-induced cysts."  The information reportedly is supported by doctors in the area and parents are concerned.  Does anyone out there know something factual about this issue?  I'd like to find out if it's simply a result of additional screening rather than a real health problem caused by radiation.

Thanks,  Eric Goldin, CHP
emgoldin at yahoo.com