[ RadSafe ] Concerning Rizzini's claim of one ug U-238

KARAM, PHILIP PHILIP.KARAM at nypd.org
Mon Oct 28 11:37:33 CDT 2013

According to Table 3-2 of a National Academies of Science report on the risks of battlefield use of depleted uranium, there have been a number of cases of ingestion, inhalation, or absorption that have led to body burdens in the tens of mg and higher that caused no long-term health effects.

Table 8-8 in this same document concludes that, based on the available scientific and medical literature, there is no adverse impact of acute intakes in the range of tens of mg, and even intakes of up to 1000 mg are "not likely" to cause someone to become ill.

It would seem that the good Dr. Rizzini failed to refer to the scientific literature when he made his comments.

Andy