[ RadSafe ] Concerning Rizzini's claim of one ug U-238

KARAM, PHILIP PHILIP.KARAM at nypd.org
Mon Oct 28 14:50:09 CDT 2013

Technically correct- but we have to then ask what the odds are. There's also a finite chance that somebody will be killed by a meteorite, but there aren't very many meteor-related deaths on record.

When you get to a vanishingly small risk - one that's too small to "see" and that can only be calculated - then you have to wonder if we're engaged in science (making predictions that can be tested and falsified if incorrect) or philosophy.

Andy