[ RadSafe ] Medical Incident

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Wed Sep 4 19:57:57 CDT 2013

Just like the most rudimentary QA program should have prevented the exposure of 8 patients to prions.

Eight patients monitored for deadly Creutzfeldt-Jakob brain disease, N.H. says

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/04/health/new-hampshire-cjd/index.html?sr=sharebar_twitter

Unfortunately, not everything will ever be perfect. We can strive for it but perfection will never be achieved.

It would be ludicrous to shut down all hospitals until they figure out how to prevent MRSA exposure, surgeries on the wrong limb, and exposure to prions. We realize the good outweighs the bad.

Risk vs Reward not improper leniency from regulators.

Jeff