[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Pb Substitutes in Shielding

francistsang at cox.net francistsang at cox.net
Sat Sep 14 19:25:04 CDT 2013

When r u bk to LAS?

From: Thomas O'Dou <tomodou at icloud.com>
Sender: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 16:50:55
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing	List<radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu>
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Fwd: Pb Substitutes in Shielding

Hi Chris, I just saw some of these last week.  They look pretty rugged, I believe the "shielding" is a bismuth oxide.  They seem to have very good backing through Siemens.

I do not know about the actions to be taken for lead garment disposal, but it seems that many countries have prohibited landfill disposal of lead.

Tom O'Dou