[ RadSafe ] What is the typical warranty or life expectancy of a leaded enclosure?

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Wed Sep 25 14:31:03 CDT 2013

This question has been put to me from a client who sells x-ray analysis
equipment in a large (not walk-in) leaded enclosure/cabinet and has been
concerned with how long they should warranty the radiation protection
integrity of their enclosure.

In any environment I've ever worked in I've never seen any indication of
a warranty on the integrity of the lead lined enclosure - they just seem
to last forever and that's what everyone just seems to expect.

Does anyone have any more rational input on this issue?

Thank-you