[ RadSafe ] Radiation testing in California.

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Sun Sep 29 23:51:49 CDT 2013

At 04:06 PM 9/19/2013, Max Levin wrote:
>I found reading from 25-50% over background radiation.   and
>reproduced those results.   So here is my question.
*********************
There is nothing alarming about measurements in the environment that
vary from 25% to 50%.

There is no known or expected risk associated with ionizing radiation
even in areas of the world where levels are very much higher.

The average person in the U.S.gets about the equivalent of up to 100%
excess added to background radiation
from medical exposures each year. There is no known or expected risk
associated with these small exposures.

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140