[ RadSafe ] Recycling Urine Containing I-131; Emergency License Amendment

Carol Marcus csmarcus at ucla.edu
Thu Apr 3 09:01:31 CDT 2014

Dear Tom:

He crackled up, sent the e-mail far and wide, and it even went to the
NRC.  I received a terrifically funny response from Jim Myers, and a
furious letter from the NRC Office of General Counsel berating me for
making light of serious radiation issues.  The truth is that my broad
license was so broad that I could have recycled urine without a license
amendment if I had wanted to.

Ciao, Carol