[ RadSafe ] Recycling Urine Containing I-131; Emergency License Amendment

Carol Marcus csmarcus at ucla.edu
Thu Apr 3 09:01:31 CDT 2014

Dear Tom:

He crackled up, sent the e-mail far and wide, and it even went to the 
NRC.  I received a terrifically funny response from Jim Myers, and a 
furious letter from the NRC Office of General Counsel berating me for 
making light of serious radiation issues.  The truth is that my broad 
license was so broad that I could have recycled urine without a license 
amendment if I had wanted to.

Ciao, Carol

On 4/3/2014 6:28 AM, Tom Conley wrote:
> So Carol, what was Ed's response?
> Thomas A. Conley, CHP
> Director, Radiation and Asbestos Control Section
> Bureau of Environmental Health
> Kansas Department of Health and Environment
> 1000 SW Jackson Suite 330
> Topeka  KS  66612-1365
> tconley at kdheks.gov
> 785.296.1565
> 785.296.0984 - fax
> This electronic communication is from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and intended only for the use of the recipient named above.  If you are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately at the following email address:  tconley at kdheks.gov or by calling 785-296-1565 and delete the email. Thank you
> _______________________________________________
> You are currently subscribed to the RadSafe mailing list
> Before posting a message to RadSafe be sure to have read and understood the RadSafe rules. These can be found at: http://health.phys.iit.edu/radsaferules.html
> For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe and other settings visit: http://health.phys.iit.edu

More information about the RadSafe mailing list