[ RadSafe ] Nuclear-News Claims Increasing levels of radioactive cesium in Vancouver area

Brad Keck bradkeck at mac.com
Mon Apr 7 17:36:29 CDT 2014

Vancouver and the NW US are getting a lot of attention from the usual sources on the cesium issue.  Maybe we can have a RadSafe road trip to Vancouver if Busby, MacPherson and Gunderson schedule a joint conference there!

"Our radioactive ocean" is putting out some interesting data, but they decay correct everything to the event date for purposes of dilution calculations, and this causes one to overestimate the likelihood of any measurable quantity ever being reached on the west coast, unless you "uncorrect" the results.  It seems very likely to me that decay and dilution have already made detection of 134 from Fukushima a moot point.   I must be rather skeptical of any 134 measurements - especially if near the mouth of a river as it flows out to sea from British Columbia!

Bradly D Keck