[ RadSafe ] Nuclear power plant cooling towers

Schwarz, Jon jon.schwarz at nebraska.gov
Thu Aug 21 11:14:58 CDT 2014

You may want to check with the NRC.

Several years ago they conducted surveys of the 10-mile Emergency Planning Zones around several nuclear power stations to see just how aware the general public was aware of procedures regarding what to do in a nuclear power station emergency.  I do not recall the specific questions that the survey asked but that it was quite long.

Respectfully,

Jon

Jonathan (Jon) F. Schwarz, Manager
Technical Hazards Section
Nebraska Emergency Management Agency
2433 NW 24th Street, Lincoln, NE 68524-1801
Office:  402-471-7420
Cell:      402-570-7982