[ RadSafe ] Treating Coal-fired plant waste as TENORM

Nathan Sutherland sutherln at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:19:32 CST 2014

The radon angle on this is an interesting one, in canada
drilling/fracking operations look to be getting ahead of the game in
their employ of RSO's on site.  To many I have spoken with, it is
looking likely that this practice could become something that ends up
being mandated by our regulator.  dose received would depend highly on
the geography, and a quick google seems to indicate that radon levels
transported to residential customers would be a factor of the geology
of the source and relative distance to the operation (decay time).
Seems like at a gas fired plant, it would be difficult to get any
representative numbers for the industry as a whole, but given how
close the stations are to residential neighbourhoods id love to hear
some more information on this!

-Nathan