[ RadSafe ] radiation regimes for processing radioactive ores in Europe

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 22:29:47 CST 2014

Hi Brian:

The coarsely ground sandstones processed using acid - H2SO4 - leach rapidly dewatered. The alkaline leach facilities associated with calcite- bearing uranium ores required the rock to be very finely ground. The tailings dewatered over decades with significantly greater contaminants.

Back in the 50s, the science of hydrogeology was not well developed.

Of course, back in the 50s, the objective was producing material for weapons development.

Dan W McCarn
108 Sherwood Blvd
Los Alamos, NM 87544 USA
+1-505-670-8123