[ RadSafe ] X-Ray Art: A Deeper Look at Everyday Objects

KARAM, PHILIP PHILIP.KARAM at nypd.org
Wed Feb 12 09:36:43 CST 2014

I agree that there SHOULD be some sort of benefit - but I can't think of any regs that say that there MUST be a benefit to the person being x-rayed. And, for that matter, I'm sure there are many who would feel that producing a work of art is a net benefit to society that would justify a very low dose to an informed person. And, again, the person being x-rayed might indeed receive a benefit - albeit psychological rather than medical - from having their foot displayed in a gallery somewhere.

Personally, I think it's sort of nutty - but I don't think that it's forbidden by the regs.

Andy