[ RadSafe ] Outlandish WIPP report and LNT

Miller, Mark L mmiller at sandia.gov
Mon Feb 24 15:05:07 CST 2014

Strive for Established Science, not Established Policy or Ideology.  Epidemiology not likely to provide answers.  We MUST use the correct null hypothesis to avoid a logical fallacy!  (The null hypothesis IS: "There is no effect of radiation exposure below 10 rem (0.1 Sv)".)  The burden of proof must be borne by whatever alternative hypothesis one chooses to test (e.g. LNT, hormesis, etc.).  Right now, we're going about it BACKWARDS and trying (without success) to prove a negative.
Use the Precautionary APPROACH, not Principle!  (Patrick Moore, Greenpeace Founder)
Don't Demonize or Romanticize....leave that to Republicans and the Democrats in Washington.