[ RadSafe ] The Demon Metal or The Gospel According to Chris Busby

KARAM, PHILIP PHILIP.KARAM at nypd.org
Fri Jan 3 12:04:01 CST 2014

Richard -

A good reference on the health effects of uranium is a (relatively) recent report by the National Academies of Sciences (Review of the Toxicologic and Radiologic Risks to Military Personnel from Exposures to Depleted Uranium During and After Combat). You can download a PDF copy from the National Academies Press (http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=11979) at no charge.

The short version is that uranium is chemically toxic - especially to the kidneys, but it is only very weakly radioactive. I have no idea what Busby might mean with his comments about damage multiplication - maybe he is positing some sort of synergistic combination of chemical toxicity plus radiological damage, but that's only a guess.

Anyhow - this book should help to answer your questions - happy reading!

Andy