[ RadSafe ] Climate Change Report

Otton, James jkotton at usgs.gov
Fri Jan 3 14:58:32 CST 2014

The National Snow and Ice Data Center (nsidc.org) recently had a map and
graph online showing that Antarctic sea ice extent was above the 95
percentile for the 30 year average (1981-2010).  Strangely I can't find
that map and graph today.
At http://nsidc.org/cryosphere/sotc/sea_ice.html you can find a lengthy
page that focuses almost exclusively on the decrease in Arctic ice extent
and only briefly mentions Antarctic ice increases and shows one graph with
both Arctic and Antarctic trends.
No mention is made of the substantial increase in Arctic ice in 2013.