[ RadSafe ] The Demon Metal or The Gospel According to Chris Busby

Richard L. Hess lists at richardhess.com
Sat Jan 4 17:06:07 CST 2014

Hi, Jerry,

Thank you very much. This is precisely what I was looking for.

I think we all agree that DU is not dangerous per se as a radiological
hazard.

The chemical toxicity of DU in certain forms seems to be acknowledged
(like arsenic, though arsenic appears to be worse, but it depends on the
compounding).

There is still a question in my mind about Busby's multiplicative
conjecture (as a contribution to illness) and it all seems to depend on
particle size and the amount of energy from random gamma radiation being
converted effectively to beta radiation in close proximity to ingested
DU particles and then transferred to adjacent cells thereby damaging
them. The papers cited are convincing that it is a non-issue, but
Busby's litany of flaws in those papers are substantial.

Thanks again. I'll try not to clutter the list here with any more posts
on the topic. I appreciate the help as always.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                   email: richard at richardhess.com
Aurora, Ontario, Canada           http://www.richardhess.com/