[ RadSafe ] The Demon Metal or The Gospel According to Chris Busby

Falo, Gerald A CIV USARMY MEDCOM PHC (US) gerald.a.falo.civ at mail.mil
Sat Jan 4 16:15:41 CST 2014

All,

Here's what, I believe, Mr. Hess is looking for:

(1)  http://rpd.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/05/28/rpd.ncs013.abstract. The concluding line of the abstract is "The proposal is shown generally to be based on sound physics, but overall the impact on human health is expected to be negligible."

(2) http://rsif.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/early/2009/09/23/rsif.2009.0300.full.  Here the authors conclude "We found that although the dose enhancement is significant, of the order of 1-10, it is considerably smaller than that suggested previously."

(3) Dr. Busby has more here: http://environmentalarmageddon.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/dr-chris-busby.pdf including a response to (2) above.

There might be other information floating around out there (I have a vague recollection of a US national laboratory report on the topic.), but I haven't been keeping up.

I hope this helps.

Happy New Year,
Jerry

The statements and opinions expressed herein are my responsibility; no one else (certainly not my employer) is responsible, but I still reserve the right to make mistakes.

Gerald A. Falo, Ph.D., CHP
Army Institute of Public Health - Health Physics Program
gerald.a.falo.civ at mail.mil
410-436-4852