[ RadSafe ] Fw: Obsolete radioactive sources with very low activity

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Jan 6 14:51:36 CST 2014

Dear collegue,

Unfortunately I am not well acquainted with Saudi-Arabian legislation,
though I have been there two times, but dealing with another issue on
radiochemical analysis. Usually Saudi-Arabian legislation on radioactivity
issues are rather similar to the US legislation. Current legislation in the
European Union is that the company which sold the radioactive sources have
to take them back and care for their disposal!!!!! Hope you find a simple
solution, otherwise I would recommend to keep the sources in a lead castle
until an option is available to get rid of them.

Best wishes,

Franz