[ RadSafe ] Fwd: [New post] Raised radiation level found inMissouri Snow

dlawrencenewyork at aol.com dlawrencenewyork at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 12:47:04 CST 2014

It is actually not unusual at all to have higher background readings during a low pressure (snow) event than on a high pressure clear sunny day if you are located in an area with natural Rn flux. Otherwise we should all already be dead as that is some pretty 'hot' snow - but at last check, I was still here performing mundane radioanalytical analyses in the lab. I have observed this many times when reviewing background data. I should expect this to be possible on the beach as well though I must say I prefer that sampler's location

Best Regards,
David