[ RadSafe ] Airlines diverting polar flights due solar storm

Richard L. Hess lists at richardhess.com
Thu Jan 9 09:49:34 CST 2014

As a baseline, you may recall a demonstration I did about a dozen years
ago...

The uR calibration is based on cesium, I believe, and I probably should
have just logged CPM, but you get the idea.

http://www.richardhess.com/rad/lax_chi.jpg

Hopefully it will be clear tonight and we'll finally see an aurora in
Aurora, Ontario...they have been visible here, but I've never seen one.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess                   email: richard at richardhess.com
Aurora, Ontario, Canada           http://www.richardhess.com/