[ RadSafe ] Jerry J. Cohen

Brenda Lester blaster at bgu.ac.il
Fri Jan 10 05:57:06 CST 2014

It is with regret that I wish to inform you of the passing of Jerry J. Cohen, whose dry wit and humor were frequently shared with us, by him, as a contributing participant in our Newsgroup.  Jerry passed away two weeks ago in California at the age of 85.  His expertise in radioactive waste management, environmental risk analysis, and occupational and industrial hygiene, were facets of his illustrious career.  Jerry was the Program Director of the Waste Management Hazard Assessment Project at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory for many years prior to joining the Science Applications International Corporation as Senior Scientist in the Energy and Environmental Division.  He is survived by his son, Steven and daughter, Robin.

Brenda Laster