[ RadSafe ] Alabama licensing fees question

Diane Griffiths nucleardi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 05:37:55 CST 2014

Anyone here in the state of Alabama?

I have been trying to get someone on the phone at the state there for over
a month  to get an answer a question for me. I was wondering  about their
licensing fees for a radioactive materials license for a doctors office who
would be doing some Nuclear Medicine scans.

When I look at the fee schedule, I see #7 Human use of byproduct material,
source, or special nuclear material. Then that is broken down into A, Human
use in sealed sources, teletherapy, etc B. Broad scope Medical institutions
or two or more physicians, and research and development, and C human use of
byproduct material, except sealed sources.

I am guessing a small doctors office would fall under the category of C
which would have fees of $2475.00 for the application, and $6750/00 for the
annual fee? Is this correct?
This would be quite expensive if it was for a physician who just does
studies once a week in their office.

Diane